Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Kindle sleeve

I wanted to share Katie's Kindle sleeve with you.
Katie saw saw a key fob in this fabric on my Facebook page
and wanted something special made in it.
She decided on a sleeve for her Kindle Fire.

Her needs for her Kindle were different from mine
and I knew that a different pattern would be needed.
Her reader had a protective skin on it already,
so the main purpose of this sleeve was
basically a holder with a pocket 
and a space for a notepad.
Of course, we HAD to have her monogram on the front!

The original pattern called for Velcro on the pocket, but
Katie needed this to be quiet since she uses her device 
when others are sleeping.....shhhhh!
So I replaced the Velcro with a button and loop closure.

Under the pocket is the sleeve for her device.

We did away with the zippered outer pocket and 
device holder of the original pattern,
flipped the interior around,
add the notepad holder.
Really, the only thing that was the same was the pocket and sleeve.
I even changed the dimensions to accommodate the 
protective skin on her device.

While both of the devices that I've featured
are Kindle Fires, I can create a unique sleeve or case 
for whatever you have- iPad, Nook, Kindle, etc.

1 comment:

Katie said...

It is truly beautiful, Michele. Thank you!!