Monday, January 14, 2013

More on felt dolls

 Since I've had questions about the felt dolls, 
I thought I'd share more details.

I've been asked about the size of the dolls.
As I stated in my last post, each doll
is about five inches wide by seven inches tall.
Here is a photo of one in my hand so that 
you can "see" the size.  I like that
they're not too small for little hands.

Another question that has been asked is how the clothing 
goes on and stays on.
I think that originally the design was intended for regular
felt and that the clothing would just stick on because 
of the fuzziness of the felt.

I made these dolls from wool felt,
and have added Velcro to the dolls and the clothing
so that a small child will have no trouble 
pressing on clothing to the doll.
I'm going to be keeping some of the dolls and outfilts
to entertain any little girls who come to visit my home.
Somehow there are plenty of things around here
for little boys, but not much for girls.  

If you have any questions or are local and want to
see the dolls, please email or message me on Facebook.

No comments: