Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful

I'm thankful for homeschooling.
Our family has been at it since 1993, 
back when everyone wore jumpers and not just homeschoolers.

I have wonderful memories of our whole family being together
on the day when my son took his first steps,
Of my daughter reading her first words in the ER waiting room,
and playing spelling games on the stairs.

I have not so wonderful memories of my failure.
Y'all, homeschooling has been one of the hardest things
I've ever done.  How many times I've begged God for help
because I was sure I was messing up my children.
Or I had handled something poorly.
Or I had lost my temper.

Having the responsibility of educating my children 
 has been a wonderful opportunity to watch God work 
in spite of my weakness.
I can only sit back in wonder when I reflect on His faithfulness.

I feel pretty sure that I have learned more than 
anyone else in our household,
 and the lessons have been far more than reading, writing,
and 'rithmetic.

No comments: