Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

Your lovingkindness, O Lord, 
extends to the heavens,
Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
                                                                                                 Psalm 36:5


Today is a little overwhelming for me.
Not in the sense that there's so much to do, 
but more about what God has done.
Just in this year alone.

Today I'm thankful for God's faithfulness.
To me.
Just this year.
wow!

This is hard to share because it's so personal.
How many times this year have I been blown away by Him?
I can't even count.

In terms of economics alone,
I have seen God be so faithful.
Since my family's income is pure commission, 
we get to experience "by faith" in ways I don't like to recommend.
The past four years have been rough.
The past three months have been REALLY rough!
Yet, just last night God provided for our physical need 
with some venison which will soon fill our freezer.

God is teaching me to work hard to help take care of our family's needs.
I'm really learning how much I can accomplish when I use my time wisely.
He has provided me with a means of bringing in
 a little bit of income doing something that I love, love, love!

And how many times this year have I sought Him for wisdom, guidance,
 or grace only to find that He abundantly provided just what was needed!


But You, O LORD, are a God 
merciful and gracious,
slow to anger and 
abounding in lovingkindness and truth.
                                                                                     Psalm 86:15


No comments: