Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

This morning as I was bustling about getting things done,
I was thankful for the ability to do it myself.
Today I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to meet the needs of my family.

Toward the end of her life my grandmother was unable to move about and do stuff.
That was so hard for her because she liked to be busy, to clean, and to garden.

As I continued to work this morning my bad knee began to ache.
I know what that means.
It means that I have to use wisdom, Aleve, and my knee brace today, 
tomorrow, and possibly through the weekend.

At first I was a little irritated.
I mean, I was thankful for moving and knew I was going to make it official by blogging about it,
Now knee pain?

Now I am thankful for the reminder that I am fallen.  
And weak.
And I am now thankful for the pain.


No comments: