Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful

Today I'm thankful for Mondays.
Judging from what others say, I'm pretty sure that I'm in the minority on this.

To me, Monday is like New Year's but on a manageable scale.
There are people who make resolutions and goals at the beginning of the year.
That's what Mondays are for me- a time to get busy accomplishing the goals
that I set for myself on Sunday evening.

If there's a day where I'm going to be faithful to my to-do list 
or wake up on time
or have a "perfect school day"
it's a Monday.

I have a very short attention span,
so I need a planner to visually remind me not to waste time.
I also use my kitchen timer to go off at set intervals to make sure that 
I stay on track.

Mondays keep me on track.

I'm also weird in that I like routine, 
so Monday's are back-to-the routine and get down to business
kind of days.

By Thursday I'm tempted to sleep in, 
and probably have nothing written down on my to-do list.
But Monday, oh glorious Monday,
I'm ready to conquer the world.

Thank You, God, for Mondays!

No comments: