Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

Y'all, life is so hard sometimes.
Sometimes the gratitude just comes spilling out and it's so easy to be thankful.
Then then are other days.

Today I am thankful that I can CHOOSE to be thankful.
In difficult circumstances I have a choice to rejoice always.
I have a choice to give thanks in everything.

I can look at the difficulty, the harshness,
the sin, the seemingly hopeless situation and still rejoice.  

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 became a favorite of mine during a period of difficulty.
I had to look at my circumstances and realize that I had very little control over the situation.
But I could still control my frame of mind.
I made the choice to rejoice in the difficulty.

Each time I'm faced with a situation I'm faced with a choice. 
I pray I always choose to rejoice.


Rejoice always;
pray without ceasing;
in everything give thanks;
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments: