Friday, May 27, 2011

Camera strap covers


I believe that I mentioned on Facebook that I had gotten a ruffler attachment for my sewing machine.  It arrived around the time that debate season hit and I didn't get to play with it like I wanted. You see, I don't just drop everything and play.  Carolina Ribbons happens when all my other responsibilities have been met.  Except for mopping the floor.  Sometimes I put playing in my studio above mopping the floor.   

I had a request from a sweet new mother for camera strap covers about this time.  Finally I had a good reason not to mop the floor to sit down and play with the ruffler.  I ruffled grosgrain ribbon.  I ruffled knit fabric.  I ruffled cotton fabric.  Now I was ready to make ruffled camera strap covers.  

I love this color combination!  I originally ordered the grey fabric to see if I wanted to make a shower curtain from it.  It's lacy and feminine and makes me think of this new sweet mom.

Here's the center.  I also added a handy little pocket for the lens cap.

This one was a gift.  I like these colors too.



1 comment:

Julie Fink said...

You are AMAZING with your designs! I always look forward to seeing what you have been creating.