Monday, April 11, 2011

For Lindsay

The last time my faraway daughter came to visit 
she noticed the travel duffel that I made her sister.  
[How many links can a girl throw in one sentence???] 
 I took note when she said she liked it and wanted one for herself.  
I don't know why but when one of my girls likes something that I make I feel very honored.

I have never had a hard time buying stuff for Lindsay, 
but for some reason I couldn't make up my mind on fabric for her bag.  
So in the end I bought the fabric that I had been eyeing for myself!

The one thing that I didn't like about Becca's bag is that the cool burlap cannot be washed,
so I altered the pattern to make Lindsay's machine washable.
The lighting isn't the greatest since I was rushing to get the 
birthday box in the mail before the post office closed.



Here's a side view with the zippered pocket.  
This is a great pattern from Studio Cherie. It's very easy to follow.
 Or if you don't want to make your own, 
Cherie has some ready to purchase.

1 comment:

StudioCherie said...

Love your fabric choices and looks like you did a great job adapting a washable handle. You should be proud. I am sure your daughter will love it with every trip she takes.