Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For Becca

August is birthday month for our family.
So is March, but that was months ago.
I wanted to make something special for my daughter's birthday.  
I knew it would be tricky because she's home a lot
and her bedroom is next to my sewing room.  
Becca has been talking about how awesome linen is
so I made her a linen-covered keyfob.

I saw the pattern for this travel duffel bag on etsy and thought it would be nice to have something like this for a trip.
Becca isn't a big traveler, but now she's prepared for a short trip.
Sewing this bag was fun since it called for quilting the fabric which I'd never done before.  


2 comments:

Mrs. V. said...

That travel bag is adorable! You are really talented Michele. I wish you lived closer, I need someone to teach me to sew!

Marie said...

Becca should enjoy those wonderful gifts. You did a great job!
Love,
Marie